The Volunteering Support Fund is funded by the Scottish Government, which has committed a total of £3.3 million over the funding period 1 July 2018 - 31 March 2021 to improve support for volunteers, and is managed by Voluntary Action Fund.
Since 2013 over 450 organisations have benefited from the Volunteering Support Fund, resulting in improved support for thousands of volunteers, more than half of whom had experienced disadvantage.
Grants between £7,500 and £10,000 per annum are available for individual organisations, who will be expected to recruit at least 15 additional volunteers, including, 10 who experience disadvantage or would traditionally experience barriers to volunteering; and provide opportunities for both current and new volunteers to benefit from a meaningful volunteering experience, eg through training, learning new skills, and increased participation in their local community.
Applicants will be expected to contribute towards the following four outcomes:
- Increasing the diversity of the third sector’s volunteer pool, especially to include people who experience disadvantage or would traditionally experience barriers to volunteering.
- Improving opportunities for skills and personal development through volunteering;
- Improving the third sector’s capacity to support, train and deploy volunteers; and
- Enhancing the services organisations deliver to better meet the needs of the communities they serve.
Who can apply?
To be eligible applicants must be:
- A third sector organisation (voluntary organisation or community group) whose Board of Trustees or Management Committee are predominantly volunteers. Organisations do not need to be registered charities, although their constitution/set of rules should make clear that funds will only be spent on purposes established in the constitution, and not distributed amongst members;
- A third sector organisation working in Scotland with an annual income of under £250,000;
- Organisations who can start the project within 10 days of receiving funding.
Please click HERE for an information flyer
The deadline for applications is 5pm Friday 4 May 2018.
- Apply online by using this hyperlink - https://www.tfaforms.com/4658768
- Application Guidance Notes can be downloaded by clicking HERE
For enquiries contact the Volunteering Support Fund Team by email VSFenquiries@vaf.org.uk or phone 01383 620780
VAF staff can provide technical support but please note that we cannot offer project specific advice or comment on draft applications.