What makes a healthy community?: An introduction to community-led health
Our training and support in the area of community-led health focuses on improving practice in community-led approaches to health improvement and addressing health inequalities. ‘Community-Led Health for All: developing good practice' is a learning resource designed to support training and practice development in the community-led health field. This training draws on the key competences set out in the resource to support communities and practitioners to explore how a community-led approach can support healthy communities.
This training will cover:
- knowing and understanding the community in which we work
- building and supporting groups and relationships
- building capacity to take action on priority health issues
- building equality and tackling inequalities
- developing and supporting collaborative working
- developing and supporting sustainable influence
This is a one day training with an option on a ‘follow up day'.
"The course was so much more interesting than anything I did because of the interaction and the dynamic of the group and their diverse background ... and it was good fun."