Year of the Dad has launched
Year of the Dad is a nationwide celebration of the difference a great dad or father-figure can make for the whole family. Year of the Dad promotes a fairer and more inclusive society by celebrating the important roles both parents can play, at home as mum and dad and at work, and aims to recognise employers that adopt dad-friendly practices so that fathers can support mum with childcare and enjoy a more hands-on parenting role at home.
Here are some suggestions about how you can spread the word far and wide about the Year of the Dad
- Sign up to keep up to date on the latest news, events and Year of the Dad activity on the brand new website!
- Download and display a campaign badge for social media badge websites.
- Join in the Twibbon campaign, which allows you to modify your social media pic with a Year of the Dad ribbon along the bottom.
- Tweet and post about the campaign.
- Or, alternatively develop your own messages, relevant to you and your organisation and use the #yearofthedad when posting them. The brand new website is packed with info and resources to help with this, particularly our FAQ.