Invitation to participate in Democratic Sector Day
What Works Scotland is delighted to invite you to Democratic Sector Day - an encounter between people working in the public participation sector in Scotland.
- 10am-4.30pm, 5th March 2015
- The South Hall at Pollock Halls
- 18 Holyrood Park Road, Edinburgh EH16 5AY
Who can participate?
Anyone working in the Democratic Sector in Scotland. That is, organisations, networks and practitioners whose job is to foster and/or enable public participation in policy and decision making, and community engagement in public service design and delivery. This may include practitioners from the public, third and private sector.
What is the purpose of the event?
DSD is a day for participation practitioners to share ideas, projects and ambitions, and hopefully develop a better understanding of this ‘community of practice' in Scotland.The objectives are:
- Improve our understanding of the Democratic Sector in Scotland: Who is doing what and how?
- Discover opportunities for collaboration regarding research and practice
What will happen at the event?
The event will be hands-on and interactive:
- In the morning... there are structured table conversations to generate key themes for the rest of the day.
- In the afternoon... participants decide what issues matter most to them and work in groups, before reporting back in a closing plenary session.
The design of the event borrows elements from formats such as Open Space, Unconference and Dialogue Circles in order to be as interactive and productive as possible.
Who funds the event?