ACE Year 2 Programme – still time to apply!
Applications are now being invited for Year 2 of the ACE Programme.
What is ACE?
ACE stands for Achieving Community Empowerment and is a programme funded by the Big Lottery Fund in Scotland (BIG). It is a programme of support for community groups and within it we provide at least 10 days of support for each group over the course of a year. The support will focus on the following areas:
- Helping groups to identify what they're good at it and where they need to improve/become more effective
- Helping groups to develop a plan of action in order to make their required changes
- Supporting groups to put their plan into action
- Sitting down with groups at the end of the year to review progress and identify what needs to be done next
Who is ACE for and how can the support help?
Any community group can apply for support but we will be prioritising those groups who need it most - particularly those groups who are in a period of transition or who feel that they are facing new challenges at the present time. Examples of groups participating in the programme so far are:
- Refugee Community Organisations including Y-People Glasgow Residents Association (YGRA), Karibu, AFIG (Ivorian Womens Group) and the Scottish Refugee Policy Forum
- Benarty Community Forum Group in Fife
- Groups working on issues around addiction including Grampian Family Support Forum, East Community Addictions Forum and ASURE
- Minginish Community Trust Association in Skye
- WISH (Women in Sport & Health) in Clackmannanshire
How can you get involved?
If you are interested in applying for ACE support just let us know (by phone or email - see below) and we'll send you an application form and guidance notes. If you're having trouble in filling out the form just get in touch and we can advise you or you may want to ask a local support worker (if there is one) to give you a hand.
Contact Aileen Skillen at SCDC to express interest in the programme. Aileen will send you an application form and guidance notes. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 0141 248 1924/1964
Timescale for applications:
Applications need to be with us by 31 August 2011. We will be shortlisting at least 10 groups who we will then meet with to discuss their participation and fit with the programme before finally awarding support which will commence in October 2011.
For more information, visit our Achieving Community Empowerment (ACE) page.
(posted 24 June 2011)